Hair transplant: It is the transplantation of strong hair follicles taken from the back of the head or any part of the body to the area that has suffered hair loss. Hair transplantation, which is a surgical method, should be performed by a specialist team. Hair transplantation is applied with different methods.
Hair Transplant Techniques
Although there are many hair transplantation methods, there are 2 techniques in hair transplantation. These techniques are:
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Hair Transplant Technique
FUT hair transplantation technique, which is one of the oldest hair transplantation techniques, is less preferred than other technique. The reason why it is less preferred is; It leaves scars and feels more pain compared to other technique. In this method, the hair follicles to be used for transplantation from the back of the head, behind the ears, are cut together with the existing skin layer from the back area between the two ears and added to the required area.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Technique
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a hair transplant technique performed without cutting the skin. Since there will be no incision during the procedure, there is no scarring. It is the most preferred hair transplant technique. In the FUE hair transplant technique, hair follicles are selected one by one from the donor area and then implanted in the area where the hair transplant will be performed.
Things to Consider After Hair Transplant
- Attention should be paid to the transplanted area for a week or 10 days after the surgery.
- Protect the hair follicles from trauma or hit
- The areas where hair follicles are taken and transplanted should be washed with a special shampoo. Instead of pouring the shampoo directly on the scalp, a small amount of shampoo should be taken into the palm and applied by foaming.
- No rubbing should be done and should be treated as gently as possible.
- It can be massaged gently and slowly using fingertips throughout the wash.
- Towels should not be used after the washing process is finished. Paper towels should be used instead of towels. Also hair dryer can be used.
- This shampooing and washing can be done every day to remove the crusting that occurs after hair transplantation.
- Washing can be done once a day and should not be done more.
- After an average of 7 or 10 days, there should be no trace of these crusts. It should not be exposed to direct sun.
- After an average of 14 days, the normal washing phase can be started.
How is Hair Transplantation Applied?
Before starting the hair transplant operation, the patient’s expectations are listened to, and then various analyzes and hair analyzes are performed by the specialist plastic surgeon. After the analysis, the region and amount of the grafts and the area to be transplanted are determined. Local anesthesia is applied during the operation. Thus, you can have a painless operation.